Monday, April 12, 2010

Steampunk Art

Just lately I've become interested and fascinated with Steampunk. What is it? "Steampunk is the science fiction of the steam age. Where conventional science fiction looks forward and asks "What will the future be like?" steampunk looks backward and asks "How might the Victorian Age have been different?" Though the genre of steampunk began as a subset of cyberpunk, weaving stories of advanced technology and dystopian society set during the 19th century, it was anticipated by the scientific romances of the late 19th and early 20th centuries." This description was taken from the Facebook page Steampunk, for which I'm a Fan of. If you're on Facebook and want to become a fan, type steampunk in the search bar.

Anyway, I've decided to try a few pieces of art featuring Steampunk Kitties. Already I've created a couple of pen paintings, and I purchased some clock parts and antique keys on eBay so that I can create a purse and treasure box. I'm having fun! Tell me what you think of my first art samples...



No comments: